Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Lyman t-mag2 turret

anyone try the Lyman tmag 2 turret? Thinking about trying one out. I know its not the blue one lol.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    The T-mag II has been discontinued. If you find one it will likely be the last. I have been loading on one for several years, and have had no problems with it. Except the priming system is a PITA.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    I've been using one since 1996. It has yet to fail. The best advice i can give is when you're sizing and seating the bullet on rifle cartridges lock it in place with the screw on the back. It will give you much more uniform sizing and seating depths. The press is a workhorse. In my opinion its one of the strongest turret presses ever made. I'd love to know how many rounds mine has had ran through it. Also every so often its good to take the turret off and clean the pressure and bottom of the turret with brake cleaner and relube it and give all the moving joints a little shot of oil. The best oil I've found is G96 gun oil for the moving parts. Especially the ram. It eats gun powder. Turns it to gel. I'm actually thinking of getting another one just in case mine ever breaks. The weak point is the center bolt. That's why I said to lock down the turret earlier. Lyman does not and has never sold a replacement for it. I hope this helps. Any questions about the press feel free to ask.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have one and have been using it for 10 years. It's given me zero problems. Like mentioned earlier, the priming system isn't that great, so I've been priming by hand off the press. I can sit on the couch watching a movie while priming 1k cases by hand much easier/faster than on the press.

The bolt for the turret can come loose over time, so pay attention to that and keep it tight. But in 10 years, I've had it come loose only once. I clean it and lube it up maybe once every thousand rounds or so. I don't think I'll ever need to replace it.

Title
    Premium Member
    I've been using an old Lyman T-Mag turret press for several years. I'm looking for an extra 6 station turret, as I've filled the current one loading 270 win and 40 S&W. I believe the Lyman part # is 7726153. Would rather buy from forum members than elswhere if any extras are out there.