Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Lead

Title
    Premium Member
    hello sorry bud my lead man is out of town he says he has some of both just not sure how much

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a conservation club range that lets me sift out bullets from the berm. I get about 100 to 150lbs of bullets from the berm each time i go. How much does this type of lead go for per pound?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southbraves1983 View Post
    I have a conservation club range that lets me sift out bullets from the berm. I get about 100 to 150lbs of bullets from the berm each time i go. How much does this type of lead go for per pound?
    I think your best bet would probably be to melt the range scrap down and make ingots out of the lead and sell the copper as scrap at one of the recycling places. Then take the ingots and sell them on Ebay or on here I see a lot of guys charging over $2 a pound on Ebay. Just ship it in a flat rate box so the shipping doesn't kill you. I just got into casting and making ingots is easy. I buy wheel weight lead and then cast ingots from that. The guy that owns the range I go to told me I was free to sift the berm all I wanted but when I tried it was all pretty hard packed dirt and I didn't have much luck.