Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck recipe

Title
    Premium Member

Duck recipe

Had a friend give me some duck breasts the other day. Thinking about on the grill with jalapeño and cream cheese then wrap in bacon.
    What other recipes do you have for duck?
    Looking for some ideas.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    One of my favorites is fried rice or stir fry with them. Just don’t over cook it. It gets super tough. I do wrap them in bacon every once in a while but you have to cook them for so long to crisp the bacon the duck gets tough. I season about the same as venison. Season salt garlic and onion powder and lots of butter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a try next weekend.

Title
    Good to know! Going this weekend to see if me and my buddy can get some

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    wrap breast in bacon season to taste, eat the bacon and toss the duck breast lol no just joking,many ways we like it deep fried like chicken tenders,been hunting ducks for 30 yrs up till 3 yrs ago now we just goose hunt

Title
    Premium Member
    Deep fry, hmm might have to try that. Can't ever go wrong deep frying. Thanks

Title
    Premium Member
    I have found WoodDucks and Gadwals to be the better eating for cookin,my Brother lives down in a awesome place to duck hunt they get lots divers and puddle ducks,they get way more than I would so at the end of season they grind them up and make sausage and split it with all that hunt and help process them! make sure ya run a metal detector over them dam steel shot takes a toll on the grinder and your teeth

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentstick View Post
    I have found WoodDucks and Gadwals to be the better eating for cookin,my Brother lives down in a awesome place to duck hunt they get lots divers and puddle ducks,they get way more than I would so at the end of season they grind them up and make sausage and split it with all that hunt and help process them! make sure ya run a metal detector over them dam steel shot takes a toll on the grinder and your teeth
    Most of ours gets eaten fresh. Anything else gets frozen then at the end of the season we make jerky. We made 26 pounds this fall. I’ve earned A LOT of hunting land with my recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Use to Duck hunt with my Uncle in ND when I was younger,that way of hunting is way different then what we do here but it was fun fun sneakin up on them in the potholes on the prairie!

Title
    I hate to say it.... but one Christmas, my grandmother made 3 ducks in the oven.... it was so horrible.... 30 years have passed and I've never eaten it again.

I think I'm ready to do it... I need to find a duck hunting buddy.