Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokeasajoke View Post
    Marlin 39a my great uncle gave to me for graduation. Ive shot it since I was a little boy an possibly the first gun I ever shot.
    The boys on rimfire central agree with you. Considering it holds the record for the longest continuously produced long gun,1891-Today, Marlin might just be on to something with the 39A.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Salyer View Post
    The boys on rimfire central agree with you. Considering it holds the record for the longest continuously produced long gun,1891-Today, Marlin might just be on to something with the 39A.
    Mine is older than dirt and its a great gun. Many kids have shot this one.

Title
    Premium Member
    10/22 with Shilen barrel, custom stock and a couple other goodies. Shot a lot of ground squirrels with it in a few days.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Camaro View Post
    10/22 with Shilen barrel, custom stock and a couple other goodies. Shot a lot of ground squirrels with it in a few days.

Nice!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m a sucker for a Remington 541-t Or 541-s. I did a bunch of digging and came across 3 nib t rifle and bought them all for my kids. Bad part is two are bull barrels and one is a spotter. I wish they all matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Nice Ruger 72. Jonathan I also like the 541Ts, but haven't found one that is a good buy IMO. I don't need perfect, but I want nice for a decent price. Old Remmy stuff rocks....new, well not so much IMO.

Title
    Premium Member
    Leadslinger I agree finding a used one less then $800 is tough around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokeasajoke View Post
    Marlin 39a my great uncle gave to me for graduation. Ive shot it since I was a little boy an possibly the first gun I ever shot.
    Yup! Dad taught me to shoot on his Marlin 39m, the "Mountie" or short version, back in the early 1960's. He's 91 now, still shooting that same little Marlin! No telling how many kids he's taught to shoot with that thing.

Years ago I found a nice used 39A and instantly it became my favorite rifle. Not my favorite 22 rifle, but hands-down, my favorite rifle. What a joy to carry and shoot. It has accounted for a fair number of small critters over the years, but mostly it's just for plinking.

Regards, Guy

Title
    Premium Member
    What a great thread with a great list of wonderful rimfire rifles! I've been a big fan of .22 rifles since before I could buy guns myself. I have a Marlin 981T that was my first rifle. When I turned 18 I happened upon a used Glenfield 25 at a gunshow. I've fallen in love with those ever since and have bought a good handful of them now, but kept two in particular. It seems I've talked lots of my friends into them as they have always shot well for a cheaper used rifle. Some of those friends bought one for themselves, and others bought theirs off of me. Haha. They are just great rifles! Old .22's are a great hobby of mine, as they almost all shoot well enough to plink with iron sights out to 40-50 yards, and they are not hard to find good ones for under or around $100. When I get back here on my phone, I'll have to share a few pictures!

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    What a great thread with a great list of wonderful rimfire rifles! I've been a big fan of .22 rifles since before I could buy guns myself. I have a Marlin 981T that was my first rifle. When I turned 18 I happened upon a used Glenfield 25 at a gunshow. I've fallen in love with those ever since and have bought a good handful of them now, but kept two in particular. It seems I've talked lots of my friends into them as they have always shot well for a cheaper used rifle. Some of those friends bought one for themselves, and others bought theirs off of me. Haha. They are just great rifles! Old .22's are a great hobby of mine, as they almost all shoot well enough to plink with iron sights out to 40-50 yards, and they are not hard to find good ones for under or around $100. When I get back here on my phone, I'll have to share a few pictures!
    I agree, there is no wrong answer. From a cricket that my friend bought her 4 yo daughter, to a $2000+ benchrest gun..... they are fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro