Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

The Original Swage It™ Dillon XL650 Primer Pocket Swager - Experiences Good & Bad

I have 10,000+ pieces of .223 brass saved over 40+ years. The hand tool primer pocket trimmer from Lyman is not cutting it. I'd like to know the experience of those that have used the swag it and if anyone has ever damaged a 650 with it. I hear it will void the warrantee but I have also read that Swage It has talked with Dillon and they both know it will not hurt the press. I'd really like to just load the case feeder and run them. I'll eventually get the RL1500 but all this is once fired. I'm a long ways from long brass.

I know this has been hashed out before - my take away was no problems, with a contingent believing the Dillon Swager is almost as fast and a better choice -- but that info is long gone. What say you where it will be around awhile?

Thanks,

Jeff

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought a Super Swage, I use my 650 so much that I didn't want to tie it down to switch over to case sweging. The SS works well, (I save a bunch and then do them all in a batch)

Title
    Premium Member
    I've run a few thousand 5.56 cases on my 650 with the Swage it. No issues so far but my press is only a couple years old.

I have the Dillon case trimmer. So I would lube up the cases, size/decap, swage, trim, size and then throw them in the wet tumbler to clean the lube off for reloading.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a swage it that I run on my 650. I run all my 9mm and 556 brass on it when I get a bunch. I have done about 20000 pieces of brass on my 650. The only thing I have had go wrong with my press is the index return spring broke. I replaced it with one out of the spare parts kit. And then about a week later the index cam broke. Looked at it and it looked like it might have been hitting on the press. Dillion sent both parts and have not had anymore problems. I think what happens is that when you take off the primer seater ( the ram with the spring) is that when you do your upstroke to sewage the primer pocket, that it might let the cam hit the bottom of the press. That is what broke it. But like I said Dillion warrants all the parts and I didn’t see any signs of anything on my press.

Last edited by Josephq00; 09-08-2018 at 03:16 AM.