Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressors

Title
    Premium Member

Suppressors

I've been shopping around for my 1st can. It'll be used on a 223 and 308 heavy barrel bolt actions rifles. I've looked at Dead Air, Stingerworx, AMTAC, Q, OSS, etc.... I'm looking for a can that gives the best recoil and sound reduction. Any suggestions or ideas?

Title
    Premium Member
    A suppressor designed for 308 will not offer the same sound suppression for 223 as a suppressor designed for 223. There’s tons of options for both calibers. My only suggestion would be to get one for a specific caliber because most everyone I know that is into suppressors(myself included) has more than one suppressor.

Title
    Premium Member
    At the moment I can only afford 1.

Title
    Premium Member
    Have you looked at Rugged's suppressors? I'm eye-ing a .30 cal can from them for my next purchase. I don't have much to compare to, but I am happy with my Obsidian 45, and they've been great to deal with on the mishap I had, which was pretty much my fault but they covered me anyway.

Title
    Premium Member
    I settled on the Rugged Razor 762, but it's not out of jail yet. I think their Surge model is a great unit for what you want! Dead Air makes some excellent cans also. Rugged and Dead Air were started by guys formerly of SilencerCo... They all seem to know their stuff today.

disciplejourney.com

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timtonya View Post
    I've been shopping around for my 1st can. It'll be used on a 223 and 308 heavy barrel bolt actions rifles. I've looked at Dead Air, Stingerworx, AMTAC, Q, OSS, etc.... I'm looking for a can that gives the best recoil and sound reduction. Any suggestions or ideas?
    I’m shopping for my first also. Dakota silencer is where mine will come from. To say their customer service is great is a understatement. I have called and sent tons of emails will some of the most noob questions and they answer them all without hesitation. Check out their new harvester 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Look at the SilencerCo Omega. I love mine. It sounds great on 308, 224 valkyrie, 6XC, 223, and 300blk. It can be mounted with a QD break or flash hider or direct thread. You can get a 30cal end cap and a 223 end cap. It is a great can and my trust has three of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Have you looked at AMTAC? I've done the same and they have great service too.

Title
    Premium Member
    Have many and the ONLY one that I wish I had purchased is the Dakota 4.0 Varminter................it's my 5th silencer and wish it was my ONLY silencer. It works on 30 cal. and anything below including pistol. It can be 9 inch or 7 inch. .22 and above...........works fantastic! Cleanable in a tumbler and wet media. WORTH YOUR TIME TO LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rumaco; 12-19-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    A suppressor designed for 308 will not offer the same sound suppression for 223 as a suppressor designed for 223. There’s tons of options for both calibers. My only suggestion would be to get one for a specific caliber because most everyone I know that is into suppressors(myself included) has more than one suppressor.
    silencerco and probably other manufacturers as well would disagree. .308 suppressors are much larger than .223 suppressors.