Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title

Anyone reloading 224 Clark

Was wonder if anyone here is reloading 224 Clark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I wish. I like the oddball calibers.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
    I wish. I like the oddball calibers.
    I just ordered a die for it and in the next month or so I’ll order 20 brass cases for $125 from rcc brass only company that offers it I’m pretty excited about it. It was one of my grandfathers rifles he passed away 2 years ago and he had it for 10 years and never got to shoot it so it gonna mean a lot to me to finally shoot it.just wish I got into reloading before he passed away

Title
    Premium Member
    Yeah, some of the so called "obsolete" calibers are really cool. Some that are getting scarce are pretty cool too. I have dies for several that I want to add like the .22 Super Jet, .219 Zipper, etc. One of the reasons I have to reload is the odd stuff that I like to shoot. Some of the obsolete stuff is better than the calibers that replaced it. Many only lost due to marketing campaigns. Look at the creedmoor garbage out. Purely marketing. It can't outperform the .260, the 6.5 Saum, 6.5x55, and man others; but because people buy into marketing it sells well.

Title
    I know the odd balls are fun that’s why I got into reloading I have a 41 Swiss I’m gonna order dies for after I get the bolt converted to centerfire than I’ll finally get to shoot that one as well lol gun was made in 1880

Title
    Premium Member
    Two that I shoot a lot are .218 Bee and .221 Fireball. Both are cheap to shoot, little to no recoil, and very accurate. I picked up a K31 Swiss a while back, but I have yet to reload for it. I have the dies, just haven't shot it much yet. Too cold here now

Title
    It’s always fun shooting your own ammo and the 224 Clark die showed up today I cleaned it and put it away until I can buy the brass after the holidays .after hunting season I’ll be back in the bench again making more loads lol I have a lot of brass to prep but gotta have something to do on them cold days

Title
    Premium Member
    Yep, I like the flexibility of it. If I want to shoot some tracers I can. If I want to shoot heavy or light I can. Also, it is definitely something to do on the cold days!

Title
    Premium Member
    If you are serious about the super jet, the privi 22 jet brass that is available now is pretty good stuff. You might want to stock up on it. The loaded ammo would probably be good for fireforming the shoulder as well. Don't expect any accuracy as I've found the bullets to be undersized for a 224 bore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I may try to grab some if I can get an across State move out of the way. Just saw a falling block pistol for sale in the Jet. That would have been nice to have. Moving will be spendy so I couldn’t try for it.