Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

LFCD and Bulge Buster in .40SW

Can someone please tell me what the bulge buster does differently than the FCD? As far as I can tell, the BB just catches cases. I don’t understand why one would have to take out the insert on the die when using them together.
    If I use the FCD alone, on a finished bullet, wouldn’t it apply the taper crimp, AND resize the entire bullet?
    Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    If you remove the insert and use the die as a push through die, it resizes the full length of the case. Because it's a push through, the rim gets worked through as well. So if you are working with straight walled cases that have a rim diameter that is the same or very close to the diameter of the case itself, you will potentially get more uniform brass when run through the Bulge Buster. With the .40 S&W and 10mm there could be a benefit, especially if you are using the cases in multiple barrels/chambers.

Just my interpretation of my limited experience on it. Hope it shines some light.

Title
    Premium Member
    DanQ is correct and that is why the bulge buster will not work with 9mm since the rim is larger than the case body.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round