Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Coming back after a LONG time away from the range

Looking for some advice. I've taken an unintended 2.5 years away from the range. I was in the midst of load development when I stopped loading and shooting.

I DO still have some of the loaded rounds, but don't want to burn them while regaining my trigger finger.

Other then spending a bunch of money on factory ammo and just grinding out some target practice to get back into the flow of things, does anyone have any ideas on how to get back into it?

And I can't reload for the foreseeable future either, so I guess I had better ask for Santa to divert an ammo shipment to my house...

Similar Threads:

Title
    Administrator
    If you just want to get the fundamentals down, shoot cheap, and do .22lr or 223. Just to get back into it.
    The cheaper the better just to get the breathing down, etc

Title
    Premium Member
    welcome back to the shooting world and glad you found this site. Wes is a great person to do business with and a wealth of info here.

Title
    Premium Member
    EDIT: I've got handgun ammo to get that feel back. The rifles that I was loading for were .223 and .308. Unfortunately, I don't have a 22LR rifle, or I'd do that all day.

Title
    Premium Member
    Oh yeah, rdwarrior, I've been a customer and fan of Wes' for years... which is why I have PLENTY of components to load once I find my reloading bench again and replace what time destroyed as equipment sat during my time away from it.

Title
    Premium Member
    i know what you mean. I had a hiatus of almost 40 years from casting, reloading, and shooting due to mil service and other things. I assume by your handle that the military was your cause for your time away?

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you for your service RD. I had medical issues that kept me out. My father is an inactive Marine. I've been a naval hardware (ships and planes) buff for years and my handle is due to the fact that I have a rather large collection of (unbuilt) plastic model collection of carriers, battleships, planes and helicopters.