Ok, a couple of quick things here:
I have successfully worked up subsonic loads below 200gns, all the way to 175 gns. You have to start high, well in published data and work down carefully with each bullet you try. I have loaded a lot of my subs with the Berry's 200 and 220 plated, can't say much for the accuracy, but it is a less expensive way to work up loads if they are available. I shoot subs in both a 16 inch AR platform with a pistol length gas system and in a Ruger American bolt gun and my can is a SiCO Hybrid 46. I have had very good success cycling my AR using both Accurate 1680 and by far my favorite for both guns is IMR 4227. I have found 4227 to be quieter than 1680 and have been able to cycle my AR with most anything I try. If you think the AR is quiet, the bolt gun is amazing with no action to make any noise. I have much more work to do and took most of this year off from reloading because of a project at the house. I intend to get back into the swing in the next year and can give more details then. Good luck with your endeavor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mambochicken View Post
Hey all, I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but you all seem to have the knowledge I need.

I’m gearing up to load 300 BLK subsonics to shoot with my new can. And I have a couple questions. For reference, I’ll be shooting both in an AR platform (pistol length gas system), and in a breach action scout rifle. Probably different loads, and I’m good with that. My can is a Griffin Bushwacker 46 if that’s relevant.

I know heavy bullets are the way to go, 200+ grain. Any specific recommendations? Maybe a reasonably priced option has shown up in the last few years?

Also, I’m looking for powder and primer input. I hear of people using both regular and mag primers, any thoughts on the best option there? And hopefully a good powder that can burn well and cycle the AR reliably.

Any help you can offer a newbie is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk