Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    Im just starting off with both the ..300bo & suppressors. I built a 16" .300bo with a carbine length gas system 1:7 twist. Im planning on using my suppressor & cartridge combo to hunt deer/hog. My shots are always within 80 yards & being forced to track is bad ju-ju.. I'm looking to load a subsonic sledge hammer for ethical DRT shots.. I'm leaning towards the 220 grain family of projectiles. I can place my shots in the brain stem, if i can get a stabilized round that will hold 1 MOA. Not looking for a magic recipe, I'll tune my load as needed. Looking for a baseline to start, based on experience.

Title
    Premium Member
    My go to in subsonic loads is 150gr. Works fine.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
    What's your load?

disciplejourney.com

Title
    Premium Member
    my situation is a bit odd.. I have neighbors across the road that will call the cops if they hear a gunshot even though we are in the country. and a large thick cut over close to my stand, which I cannot pursue deer onto. I need a quiet and instant kill.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkDisciplinare View Post
    What's your load?
    . 11-11.5 of 1680 depending on barrel length.

Title
    Premium Member
    . 11-11.5 of 1680 depending on barrel length.
    I assume this is for a bolt gun? That is way below Accurate's minimum charge, like almost half.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    No its an AR. My post might have been misleading. I meant 11-11.5 gr of 1680 for a subsonic load.

Title
    Premium Member
    No its an AR. My post might have been misleading. I meant 11-11.5 gr of 1680 for a subsonic load.
    Does that load cycle your AR? Have you chrono'd them?

disciplejourney.com

Title
    Premium Member
    Absolutely. It cycles without issue ... I do not have a chrono, but I was instructed by another reloader who uses this load all the time.

Title
    Premium Member
    Hey all, I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but you all seem to have the knowledge I need.

I’m gearing up to load 300 BLK subsonics to shoot with my new can. And I have a couple questions. For reference, I’ll be shooting both in an AR platform (pistol length gas system), and in a breach action scout rifle. Probably different loads, and I’m good with that. My can is a Griffin Bushwacker 46 if that’s relevant.

I know heavy bullets are the way to go, 200+ grain. Any specific recommendations? Maybe a reasonably priced option has shown up in the last few years?

Also, I’m looking for powder and primer input. I hear of people using both regular and mag primers, any thoughts on the best option there? And hopefully a good powder that can burn well and cycle the AR reliably.

Any help you can offer a newbie is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk