Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion Rider View Post
    Too lite. They won’t stabilize. You will might destroy your suppressor.
    Huh? I shoot hundreds of rounds of reloaded 147’s-150gr FMJBT suppressed a week, with no issues what so ever. I will, with every loadup I do, take a few test shots without suppressor to check for stability first. Never an issue with the light loads though. Usually it’s the 220gr+ I need to watch stability with.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenced300 View Post
    Huh? I shoot hundreds of rounds of reloaded 147’s-150gr FMJBT suppressed a week, with no issues what so ever. I will, with every loadup I do, take a few test shots without suppressor to check for stability first. Never an issue with the light loads though. Usually it’s the 220gr+ I need to watch stability with.

Are you shooting 147-150gr subsonic?

Title
    Premium Member
    A lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[COLOR="#FF0000"][I]Reloading safely may get old, but so do those who practice it......:cool:[/I][/COLOR][SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m confused. You are shooting subsonic?

I wasn’t able to get accuracy below 180gr when they were subsonic with several different barrel lengths and different twist rates.
    Im glad you did. You are the first person I have heard of stabilizing 150gr bullets while subsonic.

Title
    Premium Member
    3CCF645B-F730-464F-96CD-F669C3F2D204.jpeg. My 300blk Damn it worked. My first pic posted.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion Rider View Post
    I’m confused. You are shooting subsonic?

I wasn’t able to get accuracy below 180gr when they were subsonic with several different barrel lengths and different twist rates.
    Im glad you did. You are the first person I have heard of stabilizing 150gr bullets while subsonic.
    I’m having good luck with 100 grain Speer short jackets and trail boss in my single shot. Shooting them with trailboss. They won’t cycle an AR but they are so quiet I giggle a little when I pull the trigger

Title
    Premium Member
    Hornady 220 gr round nose with 10.7 grains IMR 4227 shot through a 20" SS 1/8 twist barrel with a DAKOTA varminter silencer and a bullet speed of 1050 FPS.

Last edited by rumaco; 09-29-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructiongunner View Post
    So I'm looking into building a dedicated suppressed upper in 300 blackout. Pistol length. I've narrowed down the world of suppressors to just a few that I'm looking at. Is there a "cheapish" 300 blackout plinker load that works with suppresors? I know heavier bullets but can I use a 150gr fmj in 308?
    Are you looking for sub sonic? I have a 10.5" SBR 300blk with a Liberty suppressor. I load and shoot the 150 gr fmjbt in it consistently. And added note if you blow your suppressor apart as long as the main body stays in 1 piece they will repair it. Ask me how I know. Blew the guts out of an AAC. Sent it back 3 weeks later back on the rifle. Blew out the face of my Liberty and they did the same. Shit happens.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    Are you looking for sub sonic? I have a 10.5" SBR 300blk with a Liberty suppressor. I load and shoot the 150 gr fmjbt in it consistently. And added note if you blow your suppressor apart as long as the main body stays in 1 piece they will repair it. Ask me how I know. Blew the guts out of an AAC. Sent it back 3 weeks later back on the rifle. Blew out the face of my Liberty and they did the same. Shit happens.

What kind kind of things are you doing that are causing damage to your suppressors? I have more than a couple and have never damaged one.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
    Ive tried about every bullet and setup in the 300 blk realm.
    I know Berry’s isn’t a house brand around here but Ive pretty much settled on the 220 plated for subsonic suppressed work. My 2nd place is the 245gn hi-tek coated Missouri bullets but I was worried about leading up a $1k can. Actually had the best terminal performance and accuracy with them.
    Everyone keeps trying to sell me 220 noslers or hornady jacketed bullets, but it’s not worth the cost if you’re shooting a lot IMO and there is absolutely zero deformation on impact.
    The 180 plated wes sells dont cycle with the can removed on my rig and that makes me uneasy, plus it’s not near the energy of the heavier bullet. I kill everything from moles to hogs with it so it’s gotta function the gun.
    Supposedly the Lehigh’s are “the best” but holy crap they were like $1/bullet back when I priced them. Not for me either.
    Definitely some room for improvement in the market in this area.

I am looking to reload some of the 245 Hi-tek coated ACME bullets, but cannot find much load data for 1680 or CFE BLK. I also would like to try some of the Berry's plated 220's, since I am also worried about lead buildup in my (still in jail) brand new can. Would you care to share a source for load data? I cannot find much for the coated bullets online, just jacketed.