Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 6mm Grendel

Title
    Premium Member

6mm Grendel

Thinking of a doing a 6mm Grendel build. Was wondering if anyone had experience with it.

Rumor has it, it launch a 100gr pill pretty fast, but not a lot out there on it.

Reloading...it’s like knitting for men.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Wondering if it is simply a necked down 6.5G ?? If so I would spin it fast. A 1:7 or 8 would be my preferance.
    Will this be chambered in an AR ?? ---- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I called it wrong, it is a necked down 6.5 Grendel. The wildcat is called 6mm AR and I’d plan on building in on a AR15 upper.

What got me started down this path was an announcement of a 240 Spectre which is a 338 Spectre necked down to .243 (6mm). The 338 Spectre is a 10mm Magnum case necked down to 338 Cal and designed to launch 300gr pills subsonic. I load and shoot for that so I thought the 240 might be a fun add on. However looks like SBR announced the caliber early this year and has yet to release anything in terms of barrels, dies, a cartridge gage or ammo.

So I got thinking about it and I knew someone had to of made a 6mm wildcat off the 6.5 Grendel. The case dimensions of the Grendel approximate what ever the 240 Spectre would likely have. With brass being ever more present it would make more sense to do a wildcat build based off the Grendel then off the Spectre.

I would think the case capacity would be greater then the 6ppc.

Another thought I had was if anyone had done a 6mm wildcat off the 22 Nosler. Now I’m just thinking out loud.

It would definitely require a quick twist barrel.

Reloading...it’s like knitting for men.

Title
    Premium Member
    Look at the 6mm hagar, People use the necked down hagar brass in a 22 nosler chamber (larger bolt face it is that of a 6.8 spc) and call it a nosgar. Johnnyrs reloading bench has a video of it. 6mm WOA may also work well. I think it is just a necked 6.8 SPC if I remember correctly.

Title
    what kind of performance are you looking for? ive built a few 6mm wildcats, and i ended up getting rid of all of them other then my 6mm mongoose. i can get a 90 grain eldx to 2850 fps out of my 20" barrel
    it uses mil surplus 5.56 brass, and isnt hard to load for (very accurate with most loads ive tried) so its standard mil spec parts/magazines, just a barrel swap.