Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Administrator

We need your help!!! Repeal 1639!!

To all of our members:

A law was recently voted in here in Washington State, that violates state and federal laws and both constitutions and we need to work to repeal it.

The Initiative was called I-1639, which now classifies all semi auto rifles as "Assault" rifles, and here, it not stops anyone under 21 from being able to purchase them.

Also included in this law is a direct violation of the HIPPA act. You now have to sign over the rights to your medical records to purchase a firearm.

I have never seen anything so illegal and unconstitutional in my life, but here we have it.

It doesn't matter what state you live in, this law WILL effect you directly, because if it is allowed to remain, other states CAN and WILL use Washington as the test case, and will uphold it as legal, since one state already did.

The NRA and Second Amendment Foundation have already files lawsuits against it, but it will be an uphill battle.

We have several local pages that are organizing rallies, selling stickers, etc to help raise money and awareness about this illegal act by our state.

I am asking everyone to help donate to the Second Amendment Foundation to help with all the legal costs as we try to repeal this law.

Anything will help no matter how small it is.

I have attached a link from one of our local support groups that is raising money to help with this battle.

Lets all work to repeal this law, and then it can't be used against you in the future in your state. If we beat it and another state ever tries it, we will have this repeal to fall back on, and stop further infringement of our rights!!

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/89Pf3...Ylhv71KF4n1OIA

Similar Threads:

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    To all of our members:

A law was recently voted in here in Washington State, that violates state and federal laws and both constitutions and we need to work to repeal it.

The Initiative was called I-1639, which now classifies all semi auto rifles as "Assault" rifles, and here, it not stops anyone under 21 from being able to purchase them.

Also included in this law is a direct violation of the HIPPA act. You now have to sign over the rights to your medical records to purchase a firearm.

I have never seen anything so illegal and unconstitutional in my life, but here we have it.

It doesn't matter what state you live in, this law WILL effect you directly, because if it is allowed to remain, other states CAN and WILL use Washington as the test case, and will uphold it as legal, since one state already did.

The NRA and Second Amendment Foundation have already files lawsuits against it, but it will be an uphill battle.

We have several local pages that are organizing rallies, selling stickers, etc to help raise money and awareness about this illegal act by our state.

I am asking everyone to help donate to the Second Amendment Foundation to help with all the legal costs as we try to repeal this law.

Anything will help no matter how small it is.

I have attached a link from one of our local support groups that is raising money to help with this battle.

Lets all work to repeal this law, and then it can't be used against you in the future in your state. If we beat it and another state ever tries it, we will have this repeal to fall back on, and stop further infringement of our rights!!

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/89Pf3...Ylhv71KF4n1OIA
    I'll see what I can do here with local law enforcement and the private security sector. See if we can get a collection going.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Last edited by CodySPowell; 11-22-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    When I get paid in a week Wes I will chip in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I donated $25 the day that the law passed and will donate $25 each week when I get my paycheck. This law is insane and must get repealed!

-Matt

No matter where you go... There you are.

Title
    There will be a peaceful protest tomorrow (black Friday) in pasco wa. On the corner of rd 68 and burden Blvd. We will meet in the Lowes parking lot and will begin waving signs and flags after a short safety and procedural meeting and a special pep talk from a local leader

Title
    Premium Member
    I understand how these things go I live in New York and we have the safe act . It won't even save one life It has provisions for AR 15 and mag limitations . Now they are trying to pass a law that will require a person give access to all of their social media accounts to renew or get a pistol permit . The NRA and ACLU is in a law suit against the state of New York for violation of their free speech. The governor Como directed comptroller to put strong arm the banking and finance industry that deal with any firearm manufacturers lending any working capitol. Best of luck in this endeavor . donated 15.00

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    I chipped in. We need to draw a line in the sand right here and stop this cancer before it spreads.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    Definitely something to get behind whether in your area today or not. It could spread and then get to your state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    How long will the donation window stay open?

Title
    Administrator
    As long as the lawsuit continues against Washington state.
    I would say it may get tied up in the courts for a year
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlehoot View Post
    How long will the donation window stay open?