Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    Very nice to get youngins out and get a meal or 2 from ma nature,need to keep the youth grounded to what it is to gather food,and conserve and manage the wild.

Title
    Premium Member
    Awesome job and great deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Got this deer Saturday morning, 30-06, 220gr partition, 57gr RL22, 2550fps.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    So, you like that big ol' 220 gr Nosler Partition for deer hunting? I'd imagine not much meat damage?

Have a couple of boxes of them on hand, and was impressed with how accurate they are, but hadn't tried them on game yet.

Any more info about their performance on game (other than that they obviously worked on your deer!) would be appreciated.

Congrats on that buck too!

Regards, Guy

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    So, you like that big ol' 220 gr Nosler Partition for deer hunting? I'd imagine not much meat damage?

Have a couple of boxes of them on hand, and was impressed with how accurate they are, but hadn't tried them on game yet.

Any more info about their performance on game (other than that they obviously worked on your deer!) would be appreciated.

Congrats on that buck too!

Regards, Guy
    I’ve shot 13 deer and about as many hogs with that load. The deer ranged from 90lb does up to 180lb bucks, hogs from 75lbs up to 350lbs. Performance has been great, meat loss has been negligible. This deer was a neck shot, but most were behind the shoulder, or through the shoulder. I’ve had one deer run, he was a 150lb 8 point in Mississippi. He made it 10 yards before he gave up. The hogs I have shot with it do about the same as the deer, a couple have run, but most just lay down and take “the nap”.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    JTD - thanks!

I've only shot 220 gr Noslers at the range, where they were impressive. I may well load some for hunting now.

In Alaska last year, I relied on the 200 gr Nosler Partition for wolf & grizzly and was very pleased with the bullet performance in each case. Could have used the 220's...

Regards, Guy

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    That looks like a PA tag.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    You’ve got a good eye. It is a PA tag

Title
    I had a dang good 2018 here are mine

I shot him with a Browning 270 WSM running 140 gr accubonds being pushed by H-1000 in Winchester brass, shot was 389 yds one shot and he dropped in his tracks

Shot him with the same 270 WSM, shot was 185 yds he also dropped in his tracks

My first ever bobcat shot her with my 243 running Nosler BT’s pushes by R-19 at about 45 yds

Title
    Premium Member
    Just a few:

30yds or closer with .22 pellet gun, don't remember which rabbit this was.

Ducks probably 30yds

Forgot to take pictures but there are 4 deer there, I shot one at 10 to 15 yds, really.

Shot 667 of these guys in 3 days, yardage 10yds to 120yds, in Idaho

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochad View Post
    I had a dang good 2018 here are mine

I shot him with a Browning 270 WSM running 140 gr accubonds being pushed by H-1000 in Winchester brass, shot was 389 yds one shot and he dropped in his tracks

Shot him with the same 270 WSM, shot was 185 yds he also dropped in his tracks

My first ever bobcat shot her with my 243 running Nosler BT’s pushes by R-19 at about 45 yds

You did have a great year. Awesome pics!

JTD