Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title

1959 Breda restoration.

My Stepdad gave this to me 20 years ago under two conditions. Can't sell and I had to shoot it. She was pretty rough due to being shoved in a gun case wet on numerous occasions. Surface rust on all the metal, bluing was shot and the stock was cracked. A few years ago I decided to restore her to her formal glory and give her back to my Stepdad. These are the pics of the restored shotgun.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Looks good. If I'm not mistaken that's a polychoke on there isnt it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EUDE75 View Post
    Looks good. If I'm not mistaken that's a polychoke on there isnt it?

You might be right on that. It's been a while since I've seen her. I left part of the choke it's original patina, didn't want to damage the engraving with gold inlay. Absolutely fabulous gun to shoot!
    Thanks!

Title
    Premium Member
    You're welcome. At some point I'm gonna restore the shotgun my grandpa gave me for my 13th birthday. Its a Remington sportsman 48 12 gauge.

Title
    You're welcome. At some point I'm gonna restore the shotgun my grandpa gave me for my 13th birthday. Its a Remington sportsman 48 12 gauge.

Sweet!
    All I can say is spend the time stripping the gun. The more attention paid to it the better the bluing will turn out. It was worth every minute to see the tears in my Stepdads eyes.

Title
    Premium Member
    That's great. Its good to do something just to make someone happy.

Title
    Premium Member
    Not nearly as sentimental but I got an Ithaca 37 (12 ga) and an Ithaca Model 49 (22 LR) from a guy years ago that had been in a flood; paid $50 for both. They were his families heirlooms but worthless to him. A large group of us guys were out shooting. I bought them and renewed to working condition. The shotgun's wood was swollen but the 22 was just easy stuff. Once complete, I offered them back but he was just happy that I made something out of them as (in his words) he was just going to wrap them around a tree. The 22 has been used on a few boy scout events since.

Title
    That's great. Its good to do something just to make someone happy.

I totally agree!

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by soshuman View Post
    Not nearly as sentimental but I got an Ithaca 37 (12 ga) and an Ithaca Model 49 (22 LR) from a guy years ago that had been in a flood; paid $50 for both. They were his families heirlooms but worthless to him. A large group of us guys were out shooting. I bought them and renewed to working condition. The shotgun's wood was swollen but the 22 was just easy stuff. Once complete, I offered them back but he was just happy that I made something out of them as (in his words) he was just going to wrap them around a tree. The 22 has been used on a few boy scout events since.
    Too bad he wasn't slightly more appreciative. Most older firearms have history, someone once cared for and cherished them. The old stuff has so much more character and feel.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soshuman View Post
    Nice.