Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Which progressive?

I'm looking at jumping on the progressive reloaded wagon. Im looking at the Dillon 550, Hornady lnl, or a Lee loadmaster.
    Im sure most would say dillon but are there some of you that run the others and have good luck? Let me know what you like and dont like and what presses you have run.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I run the RCBS pro 2000. Great press! I’d tell you to buy Dillon though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the Dillion 550. Love the snot out of that press. When I was considering what press to get I nearly got the 650 but decided that the 550 offered a simplicity and better fit my budget.

My only complaint is the work needed to change out powders. I wish the system was a little more like the Lee where I could turn off the powder dispense, cycle through a few rounds and pull the entire hopper off to empty it. The Dillion is a bit more involved.

My experience with the Lee’s are they are nice when they work well, but unless you mechanically inclined and don’t mind fiddling a bit with things, they can jam up. The Dillion just runs.

Reloading...it’s like knitting for men.

Title
    Premium Member
    I run Hornady lnl AP, love it. Been a great machine. No issues. I use it more than my 550

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Love my 550. I’ve never used an AP but see no reason to switch since mine just works.

Title
    Premium Member
    I just got my 550 oh 6 months back. The tech guys at Dillon told me that most of them ran the 550. That kind of sold me on it. IMO it is also easier to learn on the 550 when you are switching to a progressive because it is NOT auto-indexing. You move it, so you can back it up and correct something or keep it where it is and adjust dies when setting up. They have a great warranty too. I have a couple of RCBS single stage also, so not just a Dillon guy. I don't know about what the other companies have for warranties when you get away from these two brands. Probably the same, but I honestly don't know. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

Title
    Premium Member
    Dillon 550 hands down. I still use my Lee classic turret press as my prep station though! I like to have everything ready to go without any bumps to slow me down on the Dillon lol.

"Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member

Which progressive?

I vote Dillon 550. I've never owned a Hornady. They may be nice. I had a Loadmaster for 6yrs. No way in hell you could give me one again. It made nice ammo but needed tinkering constantly. All three brands seem to have very good customer service.
    I had abandoned priming on Loadmaster cuz it was constant problems. Priming system on Dillon is far superior.

Last edited by Cowcatcher; 11-12-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Dillon.

disciplejourney.com

Title
    Premium Member
    After yall's comments and some more reading and watching videos, the Lee is out. I am mechanically inclined, but my patience is not great since my accident. Still considering the Hornady, but the Dillon is leading the way.