Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6.5-06ai

Title
    Premium Member
    Fun project to follow! I thought everyone just had extra medium-height rings kicking around. Went through a few drawers here lately and found a couple sets of my favorites. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Had a great morning coyote hunt with A forum member today. Once again he showed how versatile hand calls by getting a dog to pop up 5-7 yards to my right, which once the dog & I got our wits back I proceeded to epically miss @ 60-70 yards

3rd set he was tracking one south bound @ 550 yds, while I laid crosshairs on a east bound one @ 420 yds...I managed to connect with a good solid body shot, although we failed to find the carcass I'm positive he wasn't long for the sunshine.

I'm getting a lot more confident in my 6.5-06 Ackley as I shoot it (18 fire formed shots so far), and the night force SVH sure helps that! Ordering a couple swagger bi-pods and I should be ready for prime dogs!

Still haven't crono'd it, but guessing @ 3200 FPS seemed to be pretty damn close thru the scope. Still need to order dies, @ more brass!

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s been quite a journey with that rifle. I feel like I’ve been there the whole way. I’m glad it all came together and now you’re slaying stuff with it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Jeez...I really need to remember to get on here more often.

I used the 6.5-06AI to help take down a nice little rag horn bull elk last fall...definitely don't use 123gr bullets, have some 143/147 I'm gonna work up yet this fall

Also, wife used it to finish off her antelope @ about 350 yds....put it 2" low of her first neck shot with her 6 creed, bullet hit a Vertebrae, turned north and came out the left eye, goat was down so she packed up her bipod, unloaded and we headed down hill...somehow the damn thing got back up, so I handed her my rifle...it didn't get back up

Still planning to start a 338-06AI build this winter, and just got a nice 22-243 Middlestead to play with and round out my coyote gun group...lol

Title
    Premium Member
    The 22-243 always intrigued me back in my prairie doggin days. I haven’t been to shoot prairie dogs in 10 years now, so I’ve kinda gotten away from varmint calibers and am focusing on the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk