Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .277 Wolverine

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexd51 View Post
    Is it as accurate as they say at maddog?
    I don’t have any issues. Very low recoil and a great round for a beginner or avid shooter. That is when I was trying out some heavier bullets. The deer was taken <100 yds with a 100gr HP Speer that I have a recipe for. Like everything else it just depends on what your needs are and how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    what length would you recommend for a barrel for an AR? and what twist?

Title
    Premium Member
    16'' is what i have and does good for me but if you have FB or on their MSR forum they could probably answer the advantages of barrel length better than i can but im pretty sure that is a velocity thing. Now to my knowledge they only offer two rate of twist for the wolverine 1:7 (super and subs) or 1:11 (super only). I will say the barrel on the one in the picture is 1:7 and i just bought another one that is 1:11 (i don't do subsonic rounds for anything) so i am curious to see the difference between the two with my pet load for the 100 gr HP. I will say this if you are looking at getting a barrel they have something going on on their FB page that you might find very interesting. Bunch of good guys on their pages and much more knowledgeable than I so just hit them up. Also can find used barrels at good prices on their forum as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Mad-Dog-Wea...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARDXhaaNu03O6Vk9O3YUUXnnEAFuNZen1Gj_6k59uaiCUI 1a3whk1hK2ieHxx3Q8jki0Why6KEHFUuqcu-VXNFjxhiuFyOVcE1T8EEUS4Suk6fud7_2LsPJMF5NO9m_8xTkQ TknPFy4qFZTECzwWRWBlpMK2GZBWEmroyKBGZWFoPQ_ZrqzrbN xJxS8qZg9mI5aF4wzl6BFznOJaGtZ4R6C8o9q0Qpq6Kyky8TTk sROMQNhQv1y5iZKmZi1E9YQwyVHn0zbEj46mCMaTuJVcWWWLn-pxWKYaC8pruW-WFCyK14FiFSBvO4SXHHSxfZC7hrIEuQpg0NBBSj1k-zMW

Title
    @LeeLee86 I have gotten more information from you that from the forum or even email from Maddog. Actually in case you dont believe me i will cut and past the email i sent them and how much information i got from them.

This was my question to them....

"I will like to get more information so i can order a barrel for my AR. The purpose of my build will be strictly for target shooting as i don't hunt.
    With that in mind i will like your recommendation on such barrel.
    Twist rate? Length?
    Also when will you have available the dies for this caliber?

This was there answer....

"We have 20" 1:11 in stock and dies in stock right now. Check out the 277 Wolverine section of our store, thanks!

If you want custom, let me know. "

As you can see there information was pretty much none.

As you can see except for go buy our product there was no useful information on there part. posted in the forum and have had no luck.

Title
    Premium Member
    Alex i will recommend this. There is a fella that should be on all their wild cat groups. His name is Bruce Finnegan. If you are not a member already their .277 Wolverine Discussion Page is where you can ask any question you might have and i can almost guarantee that one of them ol boys will answer any and all of your questions. Back to Bruce, he makes a good bit of stuff for them and has helped me out enormously when i first got into wild cats and still till this day finds the time to answer any of my questions. Hope this helps and i wouldn't judge the company off of one un favorable experience. As always i will pass what little bit of knowledge i have aquired to you but it may not all be 100% accurate lol.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/845665022144191/

Title
    Premium Member
    Glad to see you found the group bud.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLee86 View Post
    Glad to see you found the group bud.
    Found it and asked. Bruce already chimed in and suggested a 16" barrel with 1:7 twist with a adjustable gas block.
    Now the thing is waiting for mad dog to have it in stock. So far they only have a 20" barrel but in another twist.

Title
    Premium Member
    Alex do you have a picture of the newly built rifle/upper?

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLee86 View Post
    Alex do you have a picture of the newly built rifle/upper?
    Barrel was just delivered yesterday and of course I'm in another state till sunday.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexd51 View Post
    Barrel was just delivered yesterday and of course I'm in another state till sunday.
    That’s how it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk