Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    The Creedmoor's have a longer neck also. Some say better to hold the longer VLD bullets that the "new and better" owner is "supposed" to shoot.
    Me . . ??? . . I say . . bla,bla,bla. ---- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm a 240 weatherby or 6mmbr guy. I use the wby for hunting because it is the velocity King. But when I'm out for accuracy it a br or br offspring that rules the day. If you want to know what's hot in calibers start googling match results. You might be surprised if a lot of top 10's are 6 br, brx, dasher, xc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The 6mm Dasher is a beast. I have always wanted one. Sometime I want to get one. Need to break down and sell a couple of rifles I guess.

Title
    Premium Member
    The dasher and the brx are both amazing

Title
    I’m going to pick .243 for the benefit of shtf. Every single person I shoot with owns a .243.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Title
    Premium Member
    243 is a great round also. I hope you enjoy it. What twist rate are you going to go with?

Title
    Premium Member
    The 243Win is a great chambering. Especially nowadays with the great bullets in partition or no lead style.
    During my years guiding in Maine,I had sports kill some of the bigger bodied deer,and used it for longer range coyotes.
    In the last several years there have been some lower weight bullets offered (55,58,60gr) that will turn the 243 into an excellect varmint gun. Ìf a faster twist gun,it will also shoot the >100gr bullet waaaaaay out there.
    IMHO . . . the 243 and the 7-08 are two of the most overlooked chamberings produced.
    Great choice sir. ---- SAWMAN

XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    What about 243 AI? Looks like you can shoot 243 Win and 243 AI accurately if properly setup. Everything I read so far has been positive other than the cost of a custom rifle or having to rebarrel a factory rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a close friend with several 243AI's,and two 260AI'S. My wife has owned and hunted exclusively with a T/C Contender chambered in 30-30AI for 25 or so years now.
    My buddies AI's all shoot <MOA. My wifes T/C will shoot just a little >MOA @200yds. Forming brass is easy. Drop in a 30-30Win . . fire . . out pops a 30-30AI. I started with cheap factory ammo but you can find the cheapest bullets and powder,load them down pretty low,and fire form your own. A plus is that my wifes gun would shoot factory 30-30Win ammo almost as accurately as fire formed,hand loaded AI ammo.
    My wifes 30-30AI will shoot the heavier bullets (150-168gr) about 130-150fps faster than if shooting the 30-30Win loads.
    For loading info on the AI's you just start at book max for the origional,then work up from there. Almost everything has been AI'ed. Some are good,some are ho-hum. --- SAWMAN

Last edited by SAWMAN; 11-02-2018 at 02:18 AM.
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member

Picked up this new 6mm Creedmoor, Ruger Precision Rifle, for a pretty astounding $749 at a big box outdoor store... Not sure if I'm allowed to state which one. A quick perusal of the various ads will reveal it. Both the 6mm Creedmoor and the 223 variants are avail at that price.

I had a Vortex just sitting around doing nothing, so it found a home, as did a spare bipod.

Looking forward to getting some range time with this Big Ugly Ruger.

I've been loading for and hunting with a 6mm Remington since the mid 1970's. This will be a bit of a change. I haven't even got dies for it yet, just a box of factory match ammo, 108 gr Hornady.

So - if someone is looking to get a 6mm Creedmoor... This is a great bargain!

Regards, Guy