Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Black powder guns?

What kind of black powder guns do y'all have?
    I have a CVA wolf,
    I'm using 90 grains of triple 7 with TC cheap sabots.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Older T/C Omega. Built this for a Florida swamp gun even before I moved down here and was coming down a couple times a year to hunt with a couple buddies.
    Barrel chopped to just in front of the front ramrod thimble. Leaves the bbl at just over 19 inches. Had the LOP cut back to 12.75".
    I had a Leupold 1-4X24 on it for the thick brush of the swamp. Now a Nikon 3-9x40 with muzzleloader BDC for hunting my clubs food plots.
    I shot 295gr Power Belt for the swamp and now a 245gr Aero Tip for the longer ranges. I use a 209 primer and 3,50gr Triple 7 pellets. Thumps at both ends.
    I have killed numerious deer and hogs with this gun. Biggest hog was about 240lbs. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a Cva optima v2 lr and I'm shooting 100 grains of imr white hots and a powerbelt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive got an old T/C Hawkins 50 cal percussion cap with double set triggers. Need to pick up sime supplies and start shooting it again

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a CVA Wolf, older one without the quick release breach plug, shoots a sabot 240 xtp very well over 3 30 grain 777 pellets , works good on deer and pigs. Also have a TC Hawkin that does well shooting patched round ball, I have never killed deer with it but did fine on a couple of pigs.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a T/C Hawkins in 54 caliber, CVA Hawkins 50 caliber, Pedersoli double barrel classic in 12 ga. Also a Pietta 1858 Remington New Model Navy. They're all fun to shoot.

Title
    I'm using the older cva wolf with out the quick breech plug with a Bushnell banner ml scope shooting 100gr of alliant blue mx and t/c cheap shot works well for me

Title
    Premium Member
    Picked up a Euroarms Brescia repro Colt 1851 in .44 caliber that I picked up a couple of years ago. Fun little gun with 20gr of either Pyrodex P or Triple Se7en. I could probably push it to 30gr, since mine is the steel frame instead of brass, but unless I had a specific reason for going hotter, I'd probably just be wasting powder.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokker78 View Post
    What kind of black powder guns do y'all have?
    I have a CVA wolf,
    I'm using 90 grains of triple 7 with TC cheap sabots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk