Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QuickLOAD users

Title
    Premium Member

QuickLOAD users

Any QuickLOAD users here?

I use it quite regularly and have friends hit me up to run “What ifs” for them. If people have “What ifs” I’d be glad to work through it an Post the results here for people to see it.

Reloading...it’s like knitting for men.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Isn't that a free app?

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Nah, it’s $150 last I checked. I wish they had an app, but it’s a CD sent in the mail. I do need to get the $15 2018 update, for the latest powders and bullets, but it’s still a useful tool.

Title
    Premium Member
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I like quickload as well. Useful tool to have around.

I have no idea what the hell I am doing.
    So I just keep shooting. It all works out in the end.

Title
    Premium Member
    500 AutoMax Starline brass 18" barrel AR10, 700gr Hardcast gas check Matt's Bullet, CFE BLK and Lil Gun unless a faster powder might be better like AA#2 or maybe #7. Load Data I have for Lil gun is 27.0-27.5 gr. Don't have any for the others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

QuickLOAD users

I would run this load for ya, but I have a couple issues.

My current update of QuickLOAD doesn’t have the 500 Auto Max in its database. Its a newer cartridge so the 2018 update CD may have it, but in order for me to get close I’d have to use the parent case, which is 500 S&W. I’m updated through 2016.

The next issue I have is I don’t have a cast bullet manufacturer in the database that does a 700gr hard cast bullet. (Apparently none of the big mold makers make an mold for one either) I can enter it into QuickLOAD but I’ll need the bullet length, and diameter.

Lastly, CFE BLK won’t be in QuickLOAD. It’s a Hodgdon proprietary powder that is made by St. Marks. For what ever reason St. Marks doesn’t want to work with the makers of QuickLOAD on data regarding their powders.

I’ll also need your intended COAL for the load.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Andrew View Post

My current update of QuickLOAD doesn’t have the 500 Auto Max in its database. Its a newer cartridge so the 2018 update CD may have it, but in order for me to get close I’d have to use the parent case, which is 500 S&W. I’m updated through 2016.

The next issue I have is I don’t have a cast bullet manufacturer in the database that does a 700gr hard cast bullet. (Apparently none of the big mold makers make an mold for one either) I can enter it into QuickLOAD but I’ll need the bullet length, and diameter.

Lastly, CFE BLK won’t be in QuickLOAD. It’s a Hodgdon proprietary powder that is made by St. Marks. For what ever reason St. Marks doesn’t want to work with the makers of QuickLOAD on data regarding their powders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Andrew View Post

500 Auto is the same case as the 500 S&W so that is fine. I'm not sure on COAL. Probably max for 500 S&W which I think is 2.3".

Disappointing on the CFE. It's newer than a lot of the 500 S&W data so loads are limited. I think in rifle it might out perform Lil Gun since it is a slightly slower powder.

Title
    Premium Member
    If you can get me the bullet dimensions, mainly the length and diameter. I’ll run it.

For this we’ll assume the shank is the full length of the bullet (Basically a Wadcutter) that way you’ll see results that are a little more on the conservative side ;-)

With AR’s CFE BLK and A1680 (Two very similar powders) are really handy powders because they generate a lot of gas, and hold onto pressure long enough that they cycle the action. Faster burning powders may not cycle the action.

Lil’ Gun can often be an excellent powder for magnum cartridges but you may find it a bit fast to reliably cycle the action.

Title
    Premium Member
    I'll have to order some. Haven't done it quite yet.