Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: .41 Special

Title
    Premium Member

.41 Special

Anyone load .41 Special? Is there any advantage, or should I just load some light .41 Magnum rounds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    Anyone load .41 Special? Is there any advantage, or should I just load some light .41 Magnum rounds?

I load my 41 mag plinking loads light. 210gr cast bullet over 8.5gr unique. Super accurate and a blast to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I load my 41 mag plinking loads light. 210gr cast bullet over 8.5gr unique. Super accurate and a blast to shoot.

I have some 215 cast I was going to load, then I saw Starline makes 41 special brass. Didnt know it existed

Title
    Premium Member
    I have some 215 cast I was going to load, then I saw Starline makes 41 special brass. Didnt know it existed

I’ve gotten away from shooting 38 special from my 357 and 44 special out of my 44 mag, because I can duplicate those loads in the magnum brass and the cylinder chambers are much easier to clean. I’ve always heard stories of chambers getting messed up by from firing too many short rounds out of them, so that was always in the back of my mind too. I don’t know if those stories were true, and I don’t know anybody who that has happened to personally, but it still made me wary.

Title
    Premium Member
    Jeffery is right on in his above. Nothing went into my guns cylinder except 357Mag,41Mag,44Mag,and even 454Casull simply because I could get the same reduced vels by using 454 brass as I could using 45LC brass.
    TRAIL BOSS !! --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I have looked at the 41 special brass but the lack of good load data has scared me away. I have a lot of 41 mag guns and use 9 grains of unique under a 210 jacketed or 210 to 220 grain lead bullet for my plinking needs. Seems to work well on both rifles and handguns.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_barron1976 View Post
    I have looked at the 41 special brass but the lack of good load data has scared me away. I have a lot of 41 mag guns and use 9 grains of unique under a 210 jacketed or 210 to 220 grain lead bullet for my plinking needs. Seems to work well on both rifles and handguns.
    I think I am just going to work on some light loads using regular brass.

Title
    Administrator
    For sure. With something like Unique powder, some "Cowboy" loads would be easy to do, and fun to shoot!!
    We started carrying the Xtreme .41 cal bullets for all our 41 mag shooters too
    I think I am just going to work on some light loads using regular brass.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    For sure. With something like Unique powder, some "Cowboy" loads would be easy to do, and fun to shoot!!
    We started carrying the Xtreme .41 cal bullets for all our 41 mag shooters too
    Trail Boss is a good one too. I may have to try some of those xtreme 41 bullets in the future

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I’ve gotten away from shooting 38 special from my 357 and 44 special out of my 44 mag, because I can duplicate those loads in the magnum brass and the cylinder chambers are much easier to clean. I’ve always heard stories of chambers getting messed up by from firing too many short rounds out of them, so that was always in the back of my mind too. I don’t know if those stories were true, and I don’t know anybody who that has happened to personally, but it still made me wary.

Same here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk