Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Coated bullets for 300BO

Hello,

Who here has loaded heavy Hi-tek coated bullets in their 300BO for subsonic loads. I saw a couple of other threads that touched on the coated bullets, but nothing too substantial.

I am looking for opinions on ACME/SNS/Missouri Bullet company heavy profiles, around 220gr. I have loaded the 150's and 110's from Wes (in his converted brass which is awesome BTW), but looking for something heavy that is cheaper than 30 cents/rd. The coated are between $0.12 and $0.16 each.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenbeen View Post
    Hello,

Who here has loaded heavy Hi-tek coated bullets in their 300BO for subsonic loads. I saw a couple of other threads that touched on the coated bullets, but nothing too substantial.

I am looking for opinions on ACME/SNS/Missouri Bullet company heavy profiles, around 220gr. I have loaded the 150's and 110's from Wes (in his converted brass which is awesome BTW), but looking for something heavy that is cheaper than 30 cents/rd. The coated are between $0.12 and $0.16 each.
    I actually have some 220 already coated. I bought the mold and was going to shoot them from my 30 06. If you'd like I can send you some to see if you want to try them before you buy all the stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane P View Post
    I actually have some 220 already coated. I bought the mold and was going to shoot them from my 30 06. If you'd like I can send you some to see if you want to try them before you buy all the stuff.

I appreciate the offer, but i will not be casting anything in the near future. I have everything to cast & PC, but quit doing it because i had high lead levels. Ill start back up after my kids are out of the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenbeen View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but i will not be casting anything in the near future. I have everything to cast & PC, but quit doing it because i had high lead levels. Ill start back up after my kids are out of the house.

How do you test that, cause I worry about that.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane P View Post
    How do you test that, cause I worry about that.

Your doctor can order a lead level test, and most insurances (from what i hear) cover it 100%. Its a quick blood draw

Title
    Administrator
    I just had mine done, with me last ER visit.
    0-10 is normal.
    Mine was 15.3
    OSHA doesn't worry until you hit 30+
    Tumeric (Think Curry Food) and Kale, will pull lead right out of your body, just FYI

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    I just had mine done, with me last ER visit.
    0-10 is normal.
    Mine was 15.3
    OSHA doesn't worry until you hit 30+
    Tumeric (Think Curry Food) and Kale, will pull lead right out of your body, just FYI
    So, you are telling us you don't eat Kale or Turmeric Wes?

I got some coated bullets from Loading Republic a while back for the BLK. They send load data with them. I have only shot a couple and gave up because I was dumb. Took a rifle out that wasn't sighted in early spring Lol. Threw a new scope on it and the place I went to shoot was a field and wasn't set up for sighting anything in...only steel swingers that day and we had set them up 100 yards out already. The bullets look really good to me though.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve used coated subs from eggleston munitions with good luck. I just ordered a case of coated 220 from gallant bullets to try next. They feed well in my sig mcx. Tried the Rainer wedge and they don’t feed for anything. I think I paid just over 2 bills for a 3100 case of 220s from gallant shipped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk