Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redding T 7

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon.trenton View Post
    Thank you for the input. I currently do all my reloading on a single stage partner press. Had my heart set on the lyman t mag but they discontinued it and it isnt available. This one looks like a great option.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look at the Lyman brass smith all American. It is an 8 station and are about $100 cheaper than the T-7. Just another option for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLee86 View Post
    Look at the Lyman brass smith all American. It is an 8 station and are about $100 cheaper than the T-7. Just another option for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what i have read it isnt as rugged as the t mag. Id rather spend a little more for a much better setup.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you for the input. I currently do all my reloading on a single stage partner press. Had my heart set on the lyman t mag but they discontinued it and it isnt available. This one looks like a great option.

I don't think it has been available long, but this might be another option:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...n-turret-press

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I don't think it has been available long, but this might be another option:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...n-turret-press
    Disregard - I didn't see LeeLee86's reply above. Sorry.

Title
    Premium Member

I used a Lyman T-Mag for about 20 years. It is a good press, but the T-7 is hands down better. While I had two heads on the T-Mag, I only have one on the T-7.

Using RCBS lock rings on your dies, allows you to fix the ring to the die with the set screw. Then you can pull them out as needed.

The T-7 will never be as solid as a Rock Chucker, but it is very nice for what you seem to be looking for.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Redding T-7 was my first press before getting a Dillon 650, Lee Classic Single Stage Press and another Dillon 650.

One 650 is set up for small primer, mostly load 9mm, 556 and 300BlkOut on that set up.

Other 650 is set up for large primer, mostly load 45ACP and 308.

I still use the Redding T-7 for precision rifle rounds, 556, 308 and 30-06. It is a great press and Redding's quality and customer service is top notch. I have their competition match dies sets for 223 and 308, well worth their money. Inline Fabrication mount works great with this press and I have some of their other aftermarket parts for it.

Title
    Premium Member
    The T7 was my first press. When I got into reloading, 13 years ago, I picked the T7 "just cuz" it was on the shelf and liked to turret option over the single stage. I also believe in "buy once, cry once". Years later, I learned the quality of Redding. I have 4 heads as well.

FWIW, Redding recommends 45 to 50 ft/lbs of torque if/when you swap heads.

I have no regrets going with the T7, and second the Inline Fab add ons.

Title
    Premium Member
    Handlloader Magazine just had an article about a Redding T-7 owned by Sierra Bullets, that had loaded 1.6 MILLION rounds with no measurable wear.

I've got a Lyman turret press that I like very much, but am pretty sure the Redding is even better, just from what a few buddies have told me, AND that incredible 1.6 million figure...

Regards, Guy