Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redding T 7

Title
    Premium Member

Redding T 7

So i started out reloading with just a lee single stage press and like everyone else i am sure just ended up trying out a few different presses over the years. I find that i use my RCBS rock chucker more than i do anything else really but i still keep the Hornady LNL AP mainly for my .223 plinking rounds and that is about it. With all that being said i was wondering how the Redding T 7 press was working for everyone else. I like the fact that you can keep 2 different calibers set up on it with having to change anything up. How accurate does it stay when you change the head completely out on it? I am thinking about getting rid of my Hornady LNL AP and picking up the Redding. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I just ordered one. I’m looking forward to it. It is my first press

Title
    Administrator
    good presses for sure!!

Title
    Premium Member
    I have been reloading on a T7 for about 2 years (my first press). I load 9mm and .45ACP. I thought about trying to have dies for two calibers on one turret, but decided to buy another turret. The dies stay accurate, but I also powder charge on the press using
    a Hornady LNL powder measure. Obviously, it has to be adjusted when changing from one caliber to another. It has Redding's primer feed system and I have an extra primer slide bar so I can have one for both small and large primers. The press
    runs very well. It is built like a tank. I actually want to sell this whole set up. I'm about to retire and anticipate shooting a lot more so I would like to get a progressive press.

Title
    Premium Member
    Very interesting. Message me Baldwin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLee86 View Post
    Very interesting. Message me Baldwin.

I can't figure out how to send a message. I joined the forum about an hour ago so I may not have that privilege.

My email is wfred5377@gmail.com

Title
    Premium Member
    I sent you a PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    The reviews online say there needs to be more holes for the turret handle. Is that the case? Also, how easy is the turret change from head to head?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon.trenton View Post
    The reviews online say there needs to be more holes for the turret handle. Is that the case? Also, how easy is the turret change from head to head?

I reload in 4 steps on my T7. When sizing/priming (first step), the turret handle is at 7 o'clock (close to me). At the last step (seat/crimp), the handle is at 12 o'clock. It would
    be better with more holes, but it's easy to get used to it the way it is. When putting dies in the turret, you need to consider where the holes are located. Changing turrets is easy. There
    is a large, fine threaded, allen head bolt in the center of the turret head that holds it on. There is a spring loaded steel ball that sits in a hole in the back of the press frame.
    This ball catches the detent holes in the bottom of the turret head to insure the turret is centered where it needs to be when rotated. You need to use care when removing the turret head
    because this spring loaded ball (ball bearing?) tends to pop out and you don't want to lose it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you for the input. I currently do all my reloading on a single stage partner press. Had my heart set on the lyman t mag but they discontinued it and it isnt available. This one looks like a great option.