Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Howe View Post
    Weber Smokey Mountain with BBQ Guru electronics and Pit Viper blower fan. Holds 225 +/- 3 deg for 12 hrs on single charcoal load.
    Tim, would you be willing to share model numbers or links with some more info on these items. I am very interested in adding something like that to my Smokey Mountain. TIA

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm a gas grill guy for convience

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Stick burner is my smoker of choice... I'm old school i guess..

Title
    Premium Member
    https://bbqguru.com/info/DigiQ

This is the system that I use. I rarely smoke meat when I’m not on my property. If you need to leave the pit you can get the better model that’s WIFI and you can control pit temp with your phone. If I was to do it again I would buy the WIFI system just to have that ability.

Title
    Premium Member
    See below. Sorry I missed your reply and am late to respond.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the Masterbuilt Electric smoker . The only 2 things I don't like about is , it takes a long time to preheat and will only heat to 275 degrees,
    which is not a big problem as most meats smoke at that temp or less..
    But doing a beercan chicken the way I like needs 300 degrees for about 2 hours, give or take for internal temps.

Title
    Premium Member
    Check out Malcomb's -How to BBQ right, He has a lot of good grilling/ smoking recipes.

Title
    Premium Member
    My friend has an electric smoker and trust me they have a benefit. His smoked salmon comes out better than I can ever do with a charcoal smoker. I have given up on making smoked salmon and he has given up on making pulled pork! I have only found one smoking unit that could do both well. My next smoker will be a Yoder smoker. Just got to convince the wife!! She says the meat is always good on the smokey mountain so why spend $2,000. Give me time and she will come on board!

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a Masterbuilt electric smoker and love it..

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I guess if I was buying a smoker and money wasn’t an issue, it probably get a Yoder. Since money is an issue, I have a Char-Griller Akron. I’ve replaced the seals on it with Green Egg type seals and really haven’t done much else. I’ve gotten some amazing BBQ out of it. I generally do pork Saint Louis style ribs or pork butts. I’m in Wisconsin and it works great in our winters. I had an old Texas dropped fire box smoker that I had to feed like a steam train. You get a lot of bang for the buck with akorn smokers. The only downside is space if you’re doing a lot of ribs.