Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Favorite grill type

Pellet, wood, charcoal brickett, or gas

Title
    Premium Member
    I've used them all, my favorite so far is the pellet. It's a pitboss 820. Second favorite is some cement blocks with a grill grate tossed on top

Title
    I like the Kamado style grill. I have an Egg and a new Vision should arrive today.

Last edited by TracyG; 07-24-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    [COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Premium Member
    I have them all. I find myself using the charcoal grill, and offset smoker the most.

Title
    Premium Member
    10492384_672363202817135_3707245738337041781_n.jpg
    Gas/wood cabinet smoker works good too.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a propane grill, propane smoker that uses wood chips, and a pitboss pellet grill. They each have their purpose and depending on what I am cooking depends on which one I use.

Title
    Depends what you are cooking

Title
    This just got delivered to my house and I am stuck at work. Kinda like getting a Wes delivery and not being able to go home...

Orange-Classic-Cadet_Left.png

[COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Get into reloading to save money they said....[/FONT][/COLOR] :p:p:p:p ....

Title
    Premium Member
    I love the taste of smoked food but am always in too much of a hurry to fire up the smoker and babysit it for 3+ hours. I removed one grate and flavor bar from my gas grill and keep a cast iron box on the burner with some wood in it at all times no matter what I'm cooking. Obviously not the deep taste of a real smoker but it is noticeable.

Just don't tell my wife how much any of this really costs.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingrich09 View Post
    I love the taste of smoked food but am always in too much of a hurry to fire up the smoker and babysit it for 3+ hours. I removed one grate and flavor bar from my gas grill and keep a cast iron box on the burner with some wood in it at all times no matter what I'm cooking. Obviously not the deep taste of a real smoker but it is noticeable.
    I suggest a reverse sear on a good steak. 20 minutes smoking and then a high heat sear. Plenty of flavor. If you want more smoke just add more wood. Also makes it easy to get the perfect cook by starting slow and finishing hot.