Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Thinking of buying a suppressor

What brand would you recommend? Been looking at a modular, since you could use on different calibers. Also what is the loading curve towards pressure effects from a suppressor. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane P View Post
    What brand would you recommend? Been looking at a modular, since you could use on different calibers. Also what is the loading curve towards pressure effects from a suppressor. Thanks

I've got some 13 suppressors! From Liberty to AAC to Gemtec. Love the quiet they provide. I load my ammo the same as any other. I have no pressure effects. I have some 11 AR's that are suppressed. Calibers in 308, 6.5 CM, 6.5G, 300blk, 243 and others. Enjoy!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    I've got some 13 suppressors! From Liberty to AAC to Gemtec. Love the quiet they provide. I load my ammo the same as any other. I have no pressure effects. I have some 11 AR's that are suppressed. Calibers in 308, 6.5 CM, 6.5G, 300blk, 243 and others. Enjoy!
    Thank you, is the modular with it?

Title
    Premium Member
    Thank you, is the modular with it?

No sir! I prefer to have an individual suppressor for each rifle. The modular I hear is good. But I can not speak from personal experience.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    No sir! I prefer to have an individual suppressor for each rifle. The modular I hear is good. But I can not speak from personal experience.
    Thanks, which one you like for .308, and does it just between bolt and ar

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks, which one you like for .308, and does it just between bolt and ar

Both suppressors on the 308's are Liberty's. They will work on bolt or semi auto as long as the muzzle is threaded.

Title
    Premium Member
    Pistol calibers? Rifle? Lots of needed info to answer. I bought a 45 suppressor first. I use it on 9, 40, 45, and 300 blackout. Next I bought a rifle specific for the 300 bo. I’ve since purchased two more.

One thing. Availability of using one on multiples is nice. But one trip trying to swap it from gun to gun and different mounts you will want more. Other then using a tri lug on multiple guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnags21 View Post
    Pistol calibers? Rifle? Lots of needed info to answer. I bought a 45 suppressor first. I use it on 9, 40, 45, and 300 blackout. Next I bought a rifle specific for the 300 bo. I’ve since purchased two more.

One thing. Availability of using one on multiples is nice. But one trip trying to swap it from gun to gun and different mounts you will want more. Other then using a tri lug on multiple guns.

Start with rifle .308 bolt and ar platform, .223 bolt and ar platform.

Title
    Premium Member
    I currently have 1 and another in jail. I have a silencerco harvester that I use on several rifles. Overall I have been pleased with it for a hunting suppressor as it was designed. I am waiting for a deadair Sandman S due to the quick attach system they have. The Harvester is a direct thread with different adaptors for different thread pitches. It works well but isn’t made for quickly switching guns and is kind of a pain to switch the adapter for different threads.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve never understood the need for a modular suppressor. Most people want the greatest db reduction possible while still being practical. There is a point of diminishing returns. As stated, once you have one, you’ll want more. A 30 cal can is going to suppress 308 better than a 45cal can will even if it’s rated for 30cal. Same for the .223. I can put my 9mm can on my 22lr, but it wasn’t designed to get the maximum suppression. This, of course, is just my opinion