Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    If you are looking for a 30 cal rifle can to switch between several platforms consider the SilencerCo Omega. My trust has three of them on it. I use it on a 308 bolt gun, 224 valkyrie AR, 223 AR and a 300blk AR. The back pressure is not bad and I don't have to load anything different except when I want subsonic 300blk or 308.

The Omega can attach with a quick disconnect device or direct thread. It can withstand full auto and up to 300 magnums.

I have been getting a suppressor for each firearm but the Omega still switches between several hosts. Two of the guys on my trust only have an Omega for rifles. They have pistol and rimfire cans but use the Omega for 3 or 4 different rifles.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    I’ve never understood the need for a modular suppressor. Most people want the greatest db reduction possible while still being practical. There is a point of diminishing returns. As stated, once you have one, you’ll want more. A 30 cal can is going to suppress 308 better than a 45cal can will even if it’s rated for 30cal. Same for the .223. I can put my 9mm can on my 22lr, but it wasn’t designed to get the maximum suppression. This, of course, is just my opinion
    That's good info, your right about wanting one for each rifle, and db reduction is the main goal.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UH60_TrunkMonkey View Post
    If you are looking for a 30 cal rifle can to switch between several platforms consider the SilencerCo Omega. My trust has three of them on it. I use it on a 308 bolt gun, 224 valkyrie AR, 223 AR and a 300blk AR. The back pressure is not bad and I don't have to load anything different except when I want subsonic 300blk or 308.

The Omega can attach with a quick disconnect device or direct thread. It can withstand full auto and up to 300 magnums.

I have been getting a suppressor for each firearm but the Omega still switches between several hosts. Two of the guys on my trust only have an Omega for rifles. They have pistol and rimfire cans but use the Omega for 3 or 4 different rifles.
    I've had good feedback on the omega. How do you start this process?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m a stamp collector I use the gun trust way to process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rub some dirt on it and get back in the fight

Title
    Premium Member
    My first suppressor was a Sandman-S that I used on my .30 cal rifles, my 6.5g AR, and some .223 ARs. It works great on all of them. I picked up a YHM 556 for a deal I couldn't turn down, and I now run that on a .223 AR and it never comes off. I agree that you want to get one that is as versatile as possible for your first one. Because once you use it with one rifle, you're going to want to use it with the others too.

As far as the process, I did mine all as individual transfers. If doing individual, your first step is to go find a dealer in your area. You can buy from them, or buy from Silencer Shop and have it shipped to your local dealer. Silencer Shop is about as easy as you can get without going to a physical store. If you use one of their kiosks, it'll do your form and fingerprints for you there, and once in the system, you never have to do that again. Then pay your tax and submit your forms, and just forget about it for about a year. Once the stamp comes back, your dealer calls you and you go fill out a 4473 just like buying a gun, and then walk out with your can. My last can was processed using a Silencer Shop kiosk, and there were no problems at all doing it that way.

If doing as a trust, get that set up first, then the rest of the process is similar to an individual.

Title
    Premium Member
    Check out the SilencerCo Omega. I use it on a 300blk AR, a couple 556 ARs, 224 Valkyrie AR, and a 308 bolt. It has a quick attach muzzle break and comes with a direct thread adapter. All you have to do is put a muzzle device on each rifle and use the same can. It will work on 300 magnums and below. It took full auto 556 like a champ!

Title
    I love the Socom by sure fire. I use it for my 308 and my 300 blackout. It is rated to last for over 50,000 rounds. I have shot several hogs with my 308 and you do not need hearing protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have DAKOTA silencers and use their Varminter 4.0 in .30 caliber. It covers a large area of silencer use and works extremely good when reduced to the 7" from the 9" on my Ruger Tactical .22. I use it on my AR-15 .223 and my AR-15 .300 Black. Take it apart and put it in my steel media tumbler and back to the show. I would highly recommend them.....give them a look.
    www.dakotasilencer.com

Last edited by rumaco; 12-20-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    The last quick attach silencer I used went downrange. Won't use a quick attach again.

Title
    Premium Member
    I emailed last night about the barrel restrictions on the 4.0, came back with better than expected results. sbrs are fine and full auto rated also, now i just have to wait for mine to get out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaco View Post
    I have DAKOTA silencers and use their Varminter 4.0 in .30 caliber. It covers a large area of silencer use and works extremely good when reduced to the 7" from the 9" on my Ruger Tactical .22. I use it on my AR-15 .223 and my AR-15 .300 Black. Take it apart and put it in my steel media tumbler and back to the show. I would highly recommend them.....give them a look.
    www.dakotasilencer.com