Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

30 caliber cast session

Made a run of 150gn bullets tonight. 2hours of steady lead. Getting ready to do my first hi tech coating session.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Nice.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Just ordered another mold and handles. Guess I'll be doing some 9mm bullets soon.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EUDE75 View Post
    Just ordered another mold and handles. Guess I'll be doing some 9mm bullets soon.

I have the 6 cavity mold, you'll like it.

Title
    Premium Member
    I hope so.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    If that's the Lee 150 gr. FN bullet it shoots really well in my 30-30 and 300 Sav. I especially like it in the 30-30 with a light charge of Red Dot for a light plinking load. It shoots really well in my Sav. 99 in 300 Sav. the 170 gr. version shoots just as well in both.

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reloader762 View Post
    If that's the Lee 150 gr. FN bullet it shoots really well in my 30-30 and 300 Sav. I especially like it in the 30-30 with a light charge of Red Dot for a light plinking load. It shoots really well in my Sav. 99 in 300 Sav. the 170 gr. version shoots just as well in both.
    That is good to know thanks, I was going to try it in my marlin 30 30. Had good luck in a .308to

Title
    Premium Member
    I just hi-tek coated a bunch of these flat nosed cast bullets. (my mold is the c109-150-fn which looks like it might be the same as yours). Im new to reloading and trying to figure out what length to load them to since they are flat nosed they will obviously be shorter than most. I loaded one .300blk to the length it would fit in my go / no go gauge. Then I loaded one really long, stuck it in the mag and let the AR chamber it then took a length off that which was a good bit longer but I assume right against the lands and grooves. Do you have any suggestions on resources to figure it out or any suggestions?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I just hi-tek coated a bunch of these flat nosed cast bullets. (my mold is the c109-150-fn which looks like it might be the same as yours). Im new to reloading and trying to figure out what length to load them to since they are flat nosed they will obviously be shorter than most. I loaded one .300blk to the length it would fit in my go / no go gauge. Then I loaded one really long, stuck it in the mag and let the AR chamber it then took a length off that which was a good bit longer but I assume right against the lands and grooves. Do you have any suggestions on resources to figure it out or any suggestions?
    All my rifles that I use the Lee 150 and 170 gr. FN bullets in are either bolt, lever or pump action guns so I just crimp the bullets in there provided crimp grooves and have no issues chamber either bullet in any of those rifles. Lee makes several other options in the 309 range that might be an option in the AR and I'm not positive but I believe some use the .312" dia. bullets as well an just size them to fit their AR rifles.

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder