Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Along about 78'ish I was getting ready to deploy overseas . . . AGAIN. We knew it would be a "on call,sit and wait" type of deploynent. I had been thinking about getting into reloading for the (then) 4 chamberings that I owned in both rifle and pistol.
    I bought every loading manual that I could find,including the excellect Lyman learners manual. I had the Speer,Hornady,Sierra,Hodgdon,and several other books not produced by bullet or powder makers.
    We were gone longer than we anticipated (11 months) and in that time I damn near wore the books out.
    When we got home I had already made some critical decissions about reloading.
    I quickly found a mentor that helped me choose my initial equipment. I bought my powders,priners,brass,etc,and jumped right in.
    Just a couple years later,I had more equipment than I could move,so I bought a house. Then even more "stuff". At one point I reloaded for over 20 different chamberings,in boith rifle and pistol.
    Fast forward . . . now,some years later,I have downsized quite a bit. But for me,reloading is like a hobby. --- SAWMAN
    Great story, thanks for posting it.

I enjoy shooting, the more the better. I never could afford to shoot as much as I want to. So reloading was what I saw as the best way for me to shoot more and save some money. I don’t think I have saved any money, but I have managed to shoot much more than I could have without reloading.
    I started backing Mach 1980, no internet then and no nearby mentor. I read all I could find on the subject and jumped right in the deep end. Made mistakes but was always safety minded, thus no damaged firearms or persons. Now reloading has become somewhat of a passion. I enjoy finding that sweet load(s) for each firearm I own. I have started teaching others to reload, in order to skip those mistakes I made. I have been enjoying passing on the lessons learned as well.

Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    Am 62 now, handloading is a relaxing hobby for me, and I enjoy using the ammo I craft for both target practice and hunting.

Early memories of helping Dad & Grandpa handload for their 30-06 and 257 rifles, back when I was a little kid, about 5 years old or so. They'd let me seat the bullets! Good memories.

Have been handloading most of my life. I stick with the basics for the most part, and build ammo that works real well.

Know what? Every now and again I can mess up! Thank goodness for bullet pullers!

It's nice to be here. This is a good forum.

Regards, Guy