Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    When I got into reloading,I had help from a guy that literally knew everything their was to know about it.
    He was a gunsmith AND machinist. He was extremely smart with tons of old world,hands on,expierance.
    He was eager to teach and I was eager to learn. The perfect combo.
    While I will never learn as much as he had forgotton over the years,I would like to know that I have returned the favor to a fellow reloader,in some small way.
    I will teach,advise,and give my opinions,mainly from my expierances. And at my age,I have had quite a few. I will allow others to make an (hopefully) informed decission and will not be overly critical of that decission.
    I am here to both teach and learn. --- SAWMAN
    I like your attitude Sawman !! I have been reloading a long time and still learn something new every day Usually it is because I made a mistake lol I was lucky to have an old reloading mentor as a teenager as well. So while I always am willing to teach others I have found I still have more to learn myself !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm fairly new to reloading. Only a few years under my belt, but ive learned a lot from guys here and I have a friend that taught me years back how to reload. He has been loading for years and a great source. If theres anything I can do to help anyone here...I'd be more than happy to try!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Welcome aboard, and Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrnpro6681 View Post
    I'm fairly new to reloading. Only a few years under my belt, but ive learned a lot from guys here and I have a friend that taught me years back how to reload. He has been loading for years and a great source. If theres anything I can do to help anyone here...I'd be more than happy to try!

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrnpro6681 View Post

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Good evening all,just getting into reloading been doing the forum hopping checking things out seem to have found this one to be a better fit for me,It may be young but as forums go its rates up there high,I am a mod at a different hobby oriented forum that started in 2013 took awhile to get rolling but it has been a pleasure,and As far as I have seen this one will grow with leaps and bounds,be ready Mods and Admins raises dont come along as fast as the membership does hehehe,you fellas seem to have a great knowledge base willing to help and advise,A great Kudos to you Wes hope to be able to add to the knowledge base as I learn the reloading curve

Last edited by Bentstick; 11-19-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Title
    Administrator
    Welcome aboard buddy!!
    Glad to have you here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentstick View Post
    Good evening all,just getting into reloading been doing the forum hopping checking things out seem to have found this one to be a better fit for me,It may be young but as forums go its rates up there high,I am a mod at a different hobby oriented forum that started in 2013 took awhile to get rolling but it has been a pleasure,and As far as I have seen this one will grow with leaps and bounds,be ready Mods and Admins raises dont come along as fast as the membership does hehehe,you fellas seem to have a great knowledge base willing to help and advise,A great Kudos to you Wes hope to be able to add to the knowledge base as I learn the reloading curve

Title
    Premium Member
    Been sooooo busy the last few weeks,,work/selling boats/working on MIL house/kids cars,,,just not enough time in the day,,,LOL need an 8 day week.

[I][B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Some people never have time to do it right the first time but always find time to do it twice[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

Title
    Premium Member
    Along about 78'ish I was getting ready to deploy overseas . . . AGAIN. We knew it would be a "on call,sit and wait" type of deploynent. I had been thinking about getting into reloading for the (then) 4 chamberings that I owned in both rifle and pistol.
    I bought every loading manual that I could find,including the excellect Lyman learners manual. I had the Speer,Hornady,Sierra,Hodgdon,and several other books not produced by bullet or powder makers.
    We were gone longer than we anticipated (11 months) and in that time I damn near wore the books out.
    When we got home I had already made some critical decissions about reloading.
    I quickly found a mentor that helped me choose my initial equipment. I bought my powders,priners,brass,etc,and jumped right in.
    Just a couple years later,I had more equipment than I could move,so I bought a house. Then even more "stuff". At one point I reloaded for over 20 different chamberings,in boith rifle and pistol.
    Fast forward . . . now,some years later,I have downsized quite a bit. But for me,reloading is like a hobby. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Along about 78'ish I was getting ready to deploy overseas . . . AGAIN. We knew it would be a "on call,sit and wait" type of deploynent. I had been thinking about getting into reloading for the (then) 4 chamberings that I owned in both rifle and pistol.
    I bought every loading manual that I could find,including the excellect Lyman learners manual. I had the Speer,Hornady,Sierra,Hodgdon,and several other books not produced by bullet or powder makers.
    We were gone longer than we anticipated (11 months) and in that time I damn near wore the books out.
    When we got home I had already made some critical decissions about reloading.
    I quickly found a mentor that helped me choose my initial equipment. I bought my powders,priners,brass,etc,and jumped right in.
    Just a couple years later,I had more equipment than I could move,so I bought a house. Then even more "stuff". At one point I reloaded for over 20 different chamberings,in boith rifle and pistol.
    Fast forward . . . now,some years later,I have downsized quite a bit. But for me,reloading is like a hobby. --- SAWMAN
    I'm with you, I love this hobby/addiction and take great pride in the work I do. It's hard for me to judge what I enjoy more, the hobby itself or helping those who are new to reloading. Either way its a win-win situation.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve never been in it to save money, always enjoyed the tinkering/hobby aspect of it. I rolled my first round in 1991, and never looked back. I’m currently set up to load for over 40 different calibers. It’s an obsession. I definitely see downsizing in my future, but not yet.

JTD