Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many

Title
    Premium Member

How many

How many guns to to many for one person to own and how much ammo is allowed before you are considered to be going overboard I try to keep a thousand rounds on hand at a minimum for every firearm

Title
    Premium Member
    That's a start

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Hahahahaha, that’s a question that can’t be answered. I’m up to 3 safes and an unknown amount of ammo. I shoot as much as I want without having to worry about needing ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Just depends on how you use them, and how many you have. If you have a few guns and shoot them all the time, then keeping a lot of ammo is the way to go. If you have a lot of purpose driven guns ( match rifles, long range precision rifles, varmint rifles, hunting rifles, plinking rifles, and handguns for intended purposes too) then keeping less or loading as needed, seems more practical. That being said, for my handguns and lever action rifles I keep about 3-500 loaded for each ( because I’m more apt to take them shooting just for fun). My prairie dog rifles get ammo loaded for them before the trip ( so all I have on hand is what’s left from the last trip). As for my hunting rifles I pick 4 or 5 that I will hunt with for the season and load 20 rounds for each. I like to try different bullets and see how they perform on game, so some guns never see the same bullet two seasons in a row. Both of my AR’s are hunting rifles (308 and 6.5 Grendel), I keep a couple hundred rounds loaded for each of them. Sorry for rambling, your question just got me thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Lots!!!!!!!! All purpose driven.

[I][B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Some people never have time to do it right the first time but always find time to do it twice[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

Title
    Premium Member
    It's all up to the owner's discretion how many guns and how much ammo. Only I know exactly what I have. I like to keep it that way so as not to draw attention to myself and be deemed that "whacko".

Title
    Premium Member
    I completely agree I am only person that knows exactly what I have I myself do not think there is a number to high or low I just hear this guestion a lot how many gun do you really need my response is usually the same I need all of them like my lungs need oxygen

Title
    Premium Member
    Well that's a decision for each person to make. But for me there is no limit. Not on guns or ammo. That's why I have so many. The only limit is the amount of money one has to spend on either or both.

Title
    Premium Member
    It all depends on how much money my banker wife will let me spend but as far as i am concerned there is no such thing as too many guns or too much ammo !!