Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 358 Yeti

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    I’m commenting to subscribe to your adventure.

This looks cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I’m getting more excited the farther I get into this. I’ve been looking up load data and looking for bullets and I don’t even have anything more than an upper and barrel right now.. lol just gonna work on forming more brass!

That’s the beauty of what we can do as reloaders

An armed society is a polite society

Title
    That’s how I feel about my 45 Raptor project.... people keep telling me it’s dumb.... but it’s what I want because I already load 460 S&W.... it’s a barrel and some brass.... and I could make the brass....

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 View Post
    That’s how I feel about my 45 Raptor project.... people keep telling me it’s dumb.... but it’s what I want because I already load 460 S&W.... it’s a barrel and some brass.... and I could make the brass....

I ignore the haters. I picked the Yeti because I thought it was pretty cool and I always manage to pick up random 308 brass at the range. I’ve always wanted to try a wildcat and this seems do able.

Title
    I’m interested in it now..... maybe after I get a couple other projects completed.

Title
    Premium Member
    Happened with me also . . . 30+ years ago on rural Maine. While everyone was shooting Savage 99's,Rem 740's and 760's,and Win94's . . I built my wife a T/C Contender rifle and chambered it in 30-30AI.
    With it's Leupold 3.5-10X50 scope,the gun is still just above 6lbs.
    Since,she has killed deer,bear,moose,coyotes,and now in Fla.,some nice sized hogs,with that gun. All shooting the 165gr SGK bullets ( moly coated).
    Stay with those "projects" gentlemen. They are for you. It is not mandated that you please anyone else. --- SAWMAN

Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve got so many “dumb” calibers and rifles. Forget what everybody else thinks. Whatever you like and you find interesting and fun, that’s what’s cool. I’m looking forward to seeing the results from the yeti, and the raptor.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    The reality is if you listened to everyone’s opinions you’d never buy a gun. Everyone’s taste is different. Next year I’ll be getting a wildcat at some point and I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    I hope I do y’all justice with the yeti! I need a chronograph.. the data I’m going off of is on their forum

Title
    Premium Member
    The only thing I don't like about calibers like this is the fact that someone is always stealing other people's ideas, renaming it, and taking credit for them. I am not sure which came first the Yeti or the Reapers. The Reapers have been around for a while so I kind of lean towards the Yeti being a copycat. The Reaper lines make several calibers off .308 brass. Think the .375 Reaper may be their biggest draw. But, I haven't checked out their site for a LONG time.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledslnger View Post
    The only thing I don't like about calibers like this is the fact that someone is always stealing other people's ideas, renaming it, and taking credit for them. I am not sure which came first the Yeti or the Reapers. The Reapers have been around for a while so I kind of lean towards the Yeti being a copycat. The Reaper lines make several calibers off .308 brass. Think the .375 Reaper may be their biggest draw. But, I haven't checked out their site for a LONG time.
    I don’t totally disagree with you. But how I see it is someone observing the progress of a wildcat that has potential and either putting their own twist on it or making up for shortcomings they observe. But that’s just my opinion with my limited experience in all this