Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    I'm currently in Eastern Montana where the coyotes are thick and the shots can get long.

22-243 Middlestead

Anybody have any reloading data on this one? I'm thinking 33grains of IMR4166 may be a decent starting point???

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CritterGitter View Post
    Anybody have any reloading data on this one? I'm thinking 33grains of IMR4166 may be a decent starting point???

I will check my load books tomorrow. I don’t think it will have any of the newest powders in it, but should have some good info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I just got through looking at my books, and the only load data I could find was in wildcat cartridges volume 2. It is old data with mostly powders that aren’t made anymore. Lol. So I’ve got nothing for you, sorry buddy.

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm currently in Eastern Montana where the coyotes are thick and the shots can get long.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I just got through looking at my books, and the only load data I could find was in wildcat cartridges volume 2. It is old data with mostly powders that aren’t made anymore. Lol. So I’ve got nothing for you, sorry buddy.

Thanks for looking bud, I appreciate it

Title
    Premium Member

Remind me in a day or two. The fellow that had your dies and brass was meticulous about records. He didn’t have a rifle chambered for it now, but I will look for his data and a barrel. That fellow had it bad. As. Soon as he got his reamer, he chambered the barrel and found some rifle to put it on. He made his own stocks, but as soon as they were shootable, he couldn’t control himself, and shot them! And once they shot well, he didn’t mess with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forpest View Post
    Remind me in a day or two. The fellow that had your dies and brass was meticulous about records. He didn’t have a rifle chambered for it now, but I will look for his data and a barrel. That fellow had it bad. As. Soon as he got his reamer, he chambered the barrel and found some rifle to put it on. He made his own stocks, but as soon as they were shootable, he couldn’t control himself, and shot them! And once they shot well, he didn’t mess with them.

I guess I should clarify, I'm loading 75gr Hornady ELD-M. My gunsmith has access to "quickload" so I think I've found safe starting points for several powders. I've loaded up some test loads with Hogden Superformance, I'll try them in the morning. Any data you can find though would be greatly appreciated. A fella can never have too much info.

Title
    Premium Member
    I guess I should clarify, I'm loading 75gr Hornady ELD-M. My gunsmith has access to "quickload" so I think I've found safe starting points for several powders. I've loaded up some test loads with Hogden Superformance, I'll try them in the morning. Any data you can find though would be greatly appreciated. A fella can never have too much info.

Shoot me an email address. I scanned a bunch of data, but I can’t attach a pdf file here!

Title
    I use H4350 in my 22-243, but I'm running a 55 gr Berger in mine, its an older build so it has a slower twist rate vs these newer built guns. I love mine on coyote though, that Berger at 3900 fps range never exits and always kills!

Title
    Premium Member
    This one was 450 yards off and trotting away. I forget the powder (best reason in the world to keep notes on load development) but I've got the 75 grainers going 3450 fps. Texas heart shot stopped him/her in it's tracks. Not much left identifiable under the tail...

Title
    Premium Member
    Good ol’ Texas heart shot!

JTD