Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 1911

Title
    Premium Member

Ok folks...looking at my first 1911. I keep going back to the springfield range officer elite target and the springfield range officer elite operator...besides bottom rail i really see no difference beteeen the 2. Anyone own either of these and what can anyone tell me about them. I get thats its no Dan Wesson but spingfield quality is something i never hear anything bad about

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I've shot a couple Springfields. They shoot great. Plus you can upgrade and customize the Springfield to your liking for less than you'd have in a Dance Wesson. I personally don't see the point in paying the extra for a Dance Wesson when others shoot just as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EUDE75 View Post
    I've shot a couple Springfields. They shoot great. Plus you can upgrade and customize the Springfield to your liking for less than you'd have in a Dance Wesson. I personally don't see the point in paying the extra for a Dance Wesson when others shoot just as well.

I agree 100%. Out of all the 1911’s I’ve worked on the springfields are about the easiest

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
    I agree 100%. Out of all the 1911’s I’ve worked on the springfields are about the easiest
    My #1 1911 that I've shot the most and carry is a Norenco. I've had it since the late 90's and its never failed me yet. Its bone stock. What's crazy is it will out shoot the gold cup colt I inherited. I've looked the new Springfield 1911. Thought seriously about getting one. My next one will be either Springfield or another Taurus.

Title
    Premium Member

Yeah a Colt is my least favorite of all. I cant see the cult following people have with them.

Title
    Premium Member
    I've had a cpl. I only got them because they were a good price. Hang on to them a year or so and sell them for more than I gave. Except the gold cup. That one will stay with me. A good friend left it to me when he died. I'm with you on the cult following some brands get.

Title
    Premium Member
    Have several and my Springfield operator is my favorite. I have Colt's from the 70's, kimbers, springfields and others. My operator has a super smooth and light trigger. The slide operates like it is glass. Just the best you can get for the buck.